Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Dataset gets stuck

Nice day

I tell them to publish a report, and I update it every 6 minutes thanks to power automate. In my premium workspace I have several automatic reports with gateway, but the problem is the only one with power automate.

There are times of the day that when you start updating, you stay updating 2 or 3 hours, without the possibility of canceling the update, or forcing it.
Any idea why this will happen? with the other reports I have no problems.

alan_manzano_0-1632245035604.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

Sorry, we can't see clearly the picture you provided
Based on your description it is not possible to tell what exactly is causing this problem, perhaps you can provide more details?
For example, is it normal when you refresh at other times of the day?
If you want to abort the scheduled refresh in this time period (the stuck one), you may try the method below.

The scheduled refresh in the Service side is a cloud Service, which we can't control it manually for now. But we can control the gateway. Therefore we could stop the refresh in many ways. I restart the On-premises Gateway to stop the refresh in my test of on-demand refresh. You can try it for the scheduled refresh. 

Based on my test, I shut down the gateway of my account, the scheduled refresh stopped.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1632463640222.png

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

Sorry, we can't see clearly the picture you provided
Based on your description it is not possible to tell what exactly is causing this problem, perhaps you can provide more details?
For example, is it normal when you refresh at other times of the day?
If you want to abort the scheduled refresh in this time period (the stuck one), you may try the method below.

The scheduled refresh in the Service side is a cloud Service, which we can't control it manually for now. But we can control the gateway. Therefore we could stop the refresh in many ways. I restart the On-premises Gateway to stop the refresh in my test of on-demand refresh. You can try it for the scheduled refresh. 

Based on my test, I shut down the gateway of my account, the scheduled refresh stopped.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1632463640222.png

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Up

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.