Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataset Update

Hi,

I'm trying to update a web dataet that I pull from https://www.powerbipraticacursos.com/dados/

When I uptade the URL with new data, my dataset in power BI dos not change even when I clean the credecials. Any sugestion for whats going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Can you try my PBIX and see if you get the expected results? It is the table named Celoo33, ignore the other tables please they are for other questions.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ancq8HFZYL_aiJA8RNb7RX-OsqnWrg?e=TqahPv 

I don't know anything else that could cause this behaviour other then caching. Go to File -> Options and click on clear Cache:

image.png

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I assume you refreshed your dataset using the "Refresh" button? 

Have you performed any steps in the Power Query Editor that might exclude any new rows? For example, filter out any values but by doing that actually just explicit include certain items?

If you could share your M code, I could check for you if this is the case 🙂

Kind regards

Djerro123

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did some changes, and yes I'm using the "Refresh" button. Heres my M code:

------------------------------

let
Fonte = Web.Page(Web.Contents("https://www.powerbipraticacursos.com/dados/")),
Data2 = Fonte{2}[Data],
#"Tipo Alterado" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Data2,{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}, {"Column3", type text}, {"Column4", type text}, {"Column5", type text}, {"Column6", type text}}),
#"Linhas Principais Removidas" = Table.Skip(#"Tipo Alterado",1),
#"Cabeçalhos Promovidos" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Linhas Principais Removidas", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Tipo Alterado1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Cabeçalhos Promovidos",{{"Número do Chamado", Int64.Type}, {"Empresa", type text}, {"Contato", type text}, {"Solução", type text}, {"Data Abertura", type datetime}, {"Última interação", type text}}),
#"Colunas Removidas" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Tipo Alterado1",{"Última interação"})
in
#"Colunas Removidas"

I don't understand, these are the same values right?:

PowerBIPowerBI

WebsiteWebsite

Kind regards

Djerro123

Anonymous
Not applicable

In yours it's right, but take a look in my Power Query and data:

1.PNG

2.PNG

And you are using anonymous access, like I am? You have many more rows, which means the website returns a lot more rows then that we are seeing when nog logged in.

Kind regards

Djerro123

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I'm using anonymous access:

3.PNG

Can you try my PBIX and see if you get the expected results? It is the table named Celoo33, ignore the other tables please they are for other questions.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ancq8HFZYL_aiJA8RNb7RX-OsqnWrg?e=TqahPv 

I don't know anything else that could cause this behaviour other then caching. Go to File -> Options and click on clear Cache:

image.png

Kind regards

Djerro123

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're absolutely right. Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.