Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tputnam
Regular Visitor

Datan summarize vs count issue

For some reason I cannot get some of my data to "not Summarize" and its driving me crazy. I format all of my numbers as numbers make sure they are not summarized and yet I still get a "Count" of that number, which of course is just going to be 1. What am I doing wrong here? I have them formatted in both excel and powerbi as numbers.

Capture.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I hate to tell you this, but you do not have your Y-Axis field formatted as a number. I can say this with some degree of certainty because your field over on the right does not have the summation sign to the left of it. If it were truly a number, it would have that symbol like all of the fields in the last table that you have expanded. Go to your data model, click the column and make sure that the Data Type is set to Whole Number or Decimal Number.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi toutnam,

It should be the data type issue.

Please check the article below and see if it would help to resolve this:

Aggregates in Power BI

And as smoupre suggested, change the data type to Whole number or Decimal Number to check out.

If you need any further assistance on this, please post back.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi toutnam,

It should be the data type issue.

Please check the article below and see if it would help to resolve this:

Aggregates in Power BI

And as smoupre suggested, change the data type to Whole number or Decimal Number to check out.

If you need any further assistance on this, please post back.

Regards

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I hate to tell you this, but you do not have your Y-Axis field formatted as a number. I can say this with some degree of certainty because your field over on the right does not have the summation sign to the left of it. If it were truly a number, it would have that symbol like all of the fields in the last table that you have expanded. Go to your data model, click the column and make sure that the Data Type is set to Whole Number or Decimal Number.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.