Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

UnclePaul
Frequent Visitor

Datalabels Line chart

Hi Guys,

I have the following issue, i created a line chart where I compare monthly results of 2016 with 2017. The results are almost the same, therefore both lines are very close to each other. Now I would like to see figures for each month, so I checked "Datalabels On". However for some reason, the datalabels are switched.  i.e for the month July, the figure for 2016 is "1668", 2017 is "1753". in this case, the datalabel "1668" is shown above the datalabel "1753"  (eventhough the line of 2017 is above the 2016 line) 

Any idea how this comes, and even better how to solve this? many thanks in advance, Paul

3 REPLIES 3
rakeshkamble1
Frequent Visitor

How to create DataLabels in Custom Power BI Visual?

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@UnclePaul

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

This issue is actually by design for now.  The labels for 2016 are laid out first, and they are placed on top (because this is the default position), and then 2017 is laid out, and moved to the bottom since there's no space to place those labels on the top.  We don't have any plans to make the layout more advanced to address these edge cases, since they are numerous and get very complicated. However, we will be adding better customization of labels in the near future to allow customers to fix these sorts of edge cases on their own.

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

@UnclePaul,

Hi Paul,

I reproduced this issue. I have submitted a report internally. Any updates will be posted here. Thank you for your understanding and  patience.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.