Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pattersonm8
Helper II
Helper II

Dataflows not showing

HELP - I have several data flows been connected to for months, now the refresh is failing and when I try to even start a brand new blank PBIX if select Data Flows it shows nothing, even though I am adminstrator on our Team team where they are posted and can still see there.  I recently got updated Windows package and am on the April 2021 version of Power BI and have tried what all the threads suggesting of clearing out the permissions for Power BI dataflows and reconnecting, have done that, rebooted, reinstalled Power BI all more than once and still shows nothing . . . what am I missing or how can this be resolved?

pattersonm8_0-1618878248832.png

pattersonm8_1-1618878262802.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pattersonm8 ,

You could try the following steps:

1.Please go to Data Source settings, check if you used dataflow data source previously, if it is, please clear the permission, then back to click on Get Data -> Power BI dataflows, sign in with a Power BI account which has created dataflows before, then check if dataflow listed in navigate pane. 

v-luwang-msft_1-1619056773218.png

2.Go to Power BI service, refresh the dataflow, after the dataflow is refreshed successfully, then try again in Power BI desktop.  

Wish it is helpful for you!

Best Regards

Lucien

Thank you Lucien, I tried this again, unfortunately I've cleared out the credentials several times and does not resolve, still nothing showing in list in Desktop.  The Dataflow, Dataset and Report can all be refreshed in the Service, but I can't do anything in the Desktop which I need to be able to refresh in order to make some updates and additional visuals.  Any other ideas?

pattersonm8
Helper II
Helper II

looks like happened in 2019, could the new April release be impacting?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.