Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

martin93
Frequent Visitor

Dataflow number of tables in data warehouse is not matching the number of tables in Power Bi Desktop

Hello,

I am trying to create a data model for reporting in the dataflow. But when I join the Oracle database through dataflows I can not see all the database tables and in the opposite I can see everything through Power BI desktop. Do you have any clue why this discrepancy could occure?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @martin93,

I think this should be related to your gateway setting and data source credential verifications steps. Can you please share some more detail to help us clarify and troubleshoot your scenario?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

For power bi desktop, you can directly connect your data source based on your connection string. If you are working on the power bi service, it requires a gateway to handle the connection from power bi to the data source.

You can also take a look at the following links about power bi data source support and power bi service URL if these request has been blocked by your device settings:

Power BI data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Add Power BI URLs to allowlist - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @martin93,

I think this should be related to your gateway setting and data source credential verifications steps. Can you please share some more detail to help us clarify and troubleshoot your scenario?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

For power bi desktop, you can directly connect your data source based on your connection string. If you are working on the power bi service, it requires a gateway to handle the connection from power bi to the data source.

You can also take a look at the following links about power bi data source support and power bi service URL if these request has been blocked by your device settings:

Power BI data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Add Power BI URLs to allowlist - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

How are you connecting to the Oracle database through dataflows?

1) Are the credentials the same if you're connecting directly?

2) If you're connecting to something On Prem check what account is configured for use in the gateway.

It sounds like dataflows is connecting with an account which has lower permissions.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.