Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Andrew_na_lang
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dataflow failed to refresh

Hi Power Bi Family,

My PBI dataflow failed to refresh for some reason even though no changes were made. 

I got this error message and am not sure if it has something to do with the file size of my table. 

Error: DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Amazon Redshift] (30) Error occurred while trying to execute a query: [SQLState HY000] out of memory for query result; Request ID: 1c18f2c2-ced9-c89f-6bf2-6327e82c665c Activity ID: 5c2a4d11-8a6f-4407-b5ef-b879017e83b1

What should I do to fix this issue without deleting the tables I have in my dataflow? Any assistance is much appreciated!

More power! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Andrew_na_lang 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>> My PBI dataflow failed to refresh for some reason even though no changes were made. 

If there is no change, it may be related to this issue, please see Support | Microsoft Power BI

vxiaotang_0-1658814042678.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Andrew_na_lang 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>> My PBI dataflow failed to refresh for some reason even though no changes were made. 

If there is no change, it may be related to this issue, please see Support | Microsoft Power BI

vxiaotang_0-1658814042678.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Andrew_na_lang , seem like one of the steps in dataflow taking too much memory. Check the recently added steps and try to simplify it

There is video from Guyinacube on memory usage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lopTsclrpHI

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.