Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nankerp
Helper III
Helper III

Dataflow - No table show up in Desktop

I have made a dataflow with connection to an Excel table. I try to connect to this table from Desktop but no table show up. I thought this should be an easy thing to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @nankerp ,

It may be because other account used to obtain dataflow data in Power BI Desktop before, and PBD remember and saved the this "other" account. Please clear the permission of this account and sign in with the current account. 

1. Click Files –> “Options and settings” – “Data source settings”, then find “Power BI Dataflows” in “Global Permission” to clear Permission.

clear permission.jpg

2. Get data--> Power BI dataflows--> Sign in

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

I have read through this post but can not get it to work. I try to connect to the users dataflow but no tables show up.

Hi @nankerp ,

Please check whether you face the similar problem in "Troubleshooting" part of this documentation, if yes, you can refer the related solution to resolve it.

Best Regards

Rena

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry, it still does not work. 

It is so strange. I thought everything should be so straight forward. I have a dataset (entity) in dataflow. Normaly it should show the tables when I try to connect via PBD.

Hi @nankerp ,

I am not sure if the problem is with the data in the excel sheet... Could you please provide some sample data in excel table and the screenshot of the result when create dataflow with connection to excel? And if you can connect to this excel table in Power BI Desktop? Where the excel be stored? Please check if it hit any limitations in this documentation.

In addition, please check if the following links can help you.

Can't connect PowerApps and Power BI to same excel file

Create a report connecting to Excel file on OneDrive

Best Regards

Rena

The samplefile is Exceltabel. 3000 rows. I have also tried an Access file.

Here is link to a file with screenshot:

https://plenaas-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/helge_klungland_plena_no/EQOqmKUKGVZHrOi9soQG0yAB7h...

Hi @nankerp ,

Whether you are the owner of this dataflow? And the accounts which sign in Power BI Service and Power BI Desktop are same?

Best Regards

Rena

I can confirm that the user in PBS and PBD is the same.

Hi @nankerp ,

It may be because other account used to obtain dataflow data in Power BI Desktop before, and PBD remember and saved the this "other" account. Please clear the permission of this account and sign in with the current account. 

1. Click Files –> “Options and settings” – “Data source settings”, then find “Power BI Dataflows” in “Global Permission” to clear Permission.

clear permission.jpg

2. Get data--> Power BI dataflows--> Sign in

Best Regards

Rena

Thank you so much. It solved the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.