Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dataflow Direct Query Error in Desktop

Hi, I have created a dataflow which ingest data from MYSQL DB. I have enabled the "Enhanced compute engine settings" and also Turned ON the enchanted compute engine for this dataflow so it can be accessed through direct query from desktop.

Now when I try to use DQ, it is throwing me an error saying "We couldn't connect to your DirectQuery data source or internal model, Please check your access etc etc..."

The Dataflow is refreshing fine in the service, Import method is also working fine 

Do you know if there is any specific settings I need to enable/change in Admin Portal?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

There is a bug in 2020 dec version desktop

I have reverted to Nov 2020 and it worked fine as suggested by Microsoft support agent.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

There is a bug in 2020 dec version desktop

I have reverted to Nov 2020 and it worked fine as suggested by Microsoft support agent.

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please refer to the Considerations and limitations for DirectQuery , it may be caused by functional limitations.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen it, I can't see anything stopping from what I am doing.

Can you elaborate a bit on "Functional Limitations"?

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm sorry, please open a support ticket, I didn't reproduce your problem.

create support ticket 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous not sure, you have Premium and you can open the ticket thru azure portal or report an issue here.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on Dec 2020 release, may be "Enhanced Dataset Metadata" is stopping something? Do you know if we can disable this feature? If so how? I am not able to see it in preview feature anymore as this might be generally available now?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

Surely it is weird, I would open a support ticket, if Enhanced Compute Engine is on and also turned on for dataflow, it should work. It is saying check your access, not sure why when it works with import.

I will open a support ticket.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Compute OnCompute OnDQ Enabled SymbolDQ Enabled SymbolDQ ErrorDQ ErrorImport Mode Table LoadedImport Mode Table Loaded

Have seen just now the SQL Profiler log and got the below

An internal error happened due to failed runtime assertion: AccessToken must be specified... The exception was raised by the IDbConnection interface. A connection could not be made to the data source with the Name of '{"protocol":"powerbi-dataflows","address":{"workspace":"*******","dataflow":"*****","entity":"*****"}}'.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @parry2k , Do you know the process to open support ticket? Or you will be able to open? Do you need any other details like the full error code?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous weird, I'm sure you followed these steps to make it work with DQ.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did follow all these steps. I have tried with SQL server on premises also just to eliminate if it is anything to do with MYSQL but it also didn't work. I also tried connecting directly to the SQL server to the DQ and it worked. So definitely something to do with some sort of settings/firewalls so wanted to check if there is any specific things we need to be aware of as I can't see anything documented for this situation

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.