DataSource.NotFound: SharePoint: Request failed (404): The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.)
In the last month I have started receiving this error when I try to refresh a report that uses person/group data stored in a custom list on our internal SharePoint. In that list we have multiple fields that are "Person or Group" types and I've successfully pulled in the data into Power Bi for months without issue.
In the last month I now get an error where a record has someone who is no longer active in our organization. Previously this was not an issue and we have had others who had left the company but who's account was not causing errors and I could still see them in the list and access all the attributes associated with them (title, job title, email, phone, location, etc)
I have asked a couple people in IT if there have been any recent changes to how users are being handled when they leave but I have not had great response and they are down a couple people.... so.... I am hoping someone out there might have a clue and point me in the right direction.
You may have a look at below post. If it is not your case, you may submit a support ticket.