cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Amratya Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

DataSource.Error Web.Contents failed to get data from (500): Internal Server Error

Hi Everyone,

 

When I'm trying to refresh my data I got this error

An error occurred in the ‘Sample File’ query. DataSource.Error: Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://xxxx-my.sharepoint.com/personal/xxxx/_api/web/lists/getbyid('bc70fb34-3f97-4025-af5d-03235fa33b8e')/RenderListDataAsStream' (500): Internal Server Error
Details:
    DataSourceKind=SharePoint
    DataSourcePath=https://xxxx-my.sharepoint.com/personal/xxxxx
    Url=https://xxxx-my.sharepoint.com/personal/xxxx/_api/web/lists/getbyid('bc70fb34-3f97-4025-af5d-03235fa33b8e')/RenderListDataAsStream

and here below the M editor

 

let
    Source = SharePoint.Files("https://xxxxx-my.sharepoint.com/personal/xxxxxxxx", [ApiVersion = 15]),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each ([Name] = "file_2.csv")),
    #"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Filtered Rows",{"Content"}),
    #"Invoke Custom Function1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Other Columns", "Transform File from Query1", each #"Transform File from Query1"([Content])),
    #"Removed Other Columns1" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Invoke Custom Function1", {"Transform File from Query1"}),
    #"Expanded Table Column1" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns1", "Transform File from Query1", Table.ColumnNames(#"Transform File from Query1"(#"Sample File"))),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Expanded Table Column1",{{"datahora_file", type datetime}, {"diasemana_file", type text}, {"unidade", type text}, {"caixa", type text}, {"garcomlider", type text}, {"atendimento", type number}, {"ambiente", type number}, {"cafe", type number}, {"comida", type number}, {"bebida", type number}, {"preco", type number}, {"amor", type number}, {"nome_cliente", type text}, {"email_cliente", type text}, {"comentario_cliente", type text}, {"nosso_comentario", type text}, {"data_file", type date}, {"hora_file", type number}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

 

I can open the sharepoint folder itself properly without any problems.

 

 

Solutions approached till now without any effect:

- I changed ApiVersion to 14 instead of 15

- I removed the ApiVersion

- I cleared the permissions and add it again

- Try to connect from scratch to the same folder, same error

 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amratya Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: DataSource.Error Web.Contents failed to get data from (500): Internal Server Error

It seems there was a problem in the data source in addition to this ApiVersion thing.

  1. Remove [ApiVersion = 15]
  2. Adding the datasource [sharePoint folder link] through the advanced query editor
  3. Filter files and get the desired ones

I recognized there is additional row under my filtered files [Error - Error] and it is not filtered out. So, below steps to eliminate this error record from ruining my data, and I had so many files in different dashboards. So, I went through these possibilities here

  • Click on Remove Rows, then Remove Error.
  • If it didn't work, Click Remove Rows and then Remove the last rowfrom below.
  • If it didn't work, Click Keep Rows and then keep numbbers of rows from above.

and then folow any other steps you want to apply on your data. and it worked.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Amratya Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: DataSource.Error Web.Contents failed to get data from (500): Internal Server Error

I figured out the problem and solved it.

I will make another comment with the solution

Amratya Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: DataSource.Error Web.Contents failed to get data from (500): Internal Server Error

It seems there was a problem in the data source in addition to this ApiVersion thing.

  1. Remove [ApiVersion = 15]
  2. Adding the datasource [sharePoint folder link] through the advanced query editor
  3. Filter files and get the desired ones

I recognized there is additional row under my filtered files [Error - Error] and it is not filtered out. So, below steps to eliminate this error record from ruining my data, and I had so many files in different dashboards. So, I went through these possibilities here

  • Click on Remove Rows, then Remove Error.
  • If it didn't work, Click Remove Rows and then Remove the last rowfrom below.
  • If it didn't work, Click Keep Rows and then keep numbbers of rows from above.

and then folow any other steps you want to apply on your data. and it worked.

View solution in original post

ovetteabejuela Established Member
Established Member

Re: DataSource.Error Web.Contents failed to get data from (500): Internal Server Error

Highlighted
jpayne Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: DataSource.Error Web.Contents failed to get data from (500): Internal Server Error

You can try disabling "parrallel query processing" and "background data" in the query options. This worked for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 169 members 1,725 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: