Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AgTooOldForThis
Frequent Visitor

[DataSource.Error] SharePoint /_api/contextinfo

Hello,

I have a dataset that imports from multiple excel files within a SharePoint Folder (~10 tables from ~20 files).  I am using the transform file method as columns can vary.  It has worked fine for many months.  Within the last month or so, I started to get periodic and now persistent "SharePoint: Request Failed" local desktop refresh errors.

The specific error is "OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] SharePoint: Request failed: https://xxxxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/.../xFileName_xlsm/_api/contextinfo".

I can see almost everything loads (appears each file has been accessed at some point okay) and then the error is thrown.  I have tried several times to clear/reset SharePoint credentials, clear cache, etc..  It does not necessarily repeat with the same file or even query in the error message.  I had this with July version as well as September and now the latest October releases.

Thankfully the published dataset refreshes daily as expected.  If I download the same published PBIX file, it usually refreshes locally okay on desktop the first time.  However, I then get persistent errors regardless if I make any changes.  I am stuck if I need to make any changes at the moment.

Note the error metions API, and I have been using API Version 15 without issues in the past.  However, I get the same errors using either 14 or auto.  Again, the published dataset refreshes daily with no issues using API Version 15.

Some other posts mention clearing credentials, etc., however this has not helped.  Again, the first refresh after downloading the PBIX works once after downloading, so it doesn't seem some credential related.

Has anyone experienced this?  Any ideas?  I appreciate any help.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak thank you.  I've posted as an issue as suggested.

[DataSource.Error] SharePoint /_api/contextinfo 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.