cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Merchy2401
Frequent Visitor

DataSource.Error: SharePoint: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500)

Hi All,

 

I have a data connection to a Sharepoint List (2013) in a development site; I now want to connect to the production version of this list and get an error..

 

DataSource.Error: SharePoint: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (An error occurred while processing this request.)

Details:
    DataSourceKind=SharePoint
    DataSourcePath=https://worksites.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/sites/xxxxxxxxxxx
    SPRequestGuid=7a00d09e-5861-b0a8-a225-bb616e53d53f
    Url=https://worksites.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/sites/xxxxxxxxx/_vti_bin/ListData.svc/PortfolioGeneralInformation

 

Im using the march 2019 version of Power BI Desktop

Im using the Sharepoint List connector

Following other posts, I have tried the connector with ApiVersion=15 (standard), ApiVersion=14 & removing the ApiVersion parameter altogether..

 

nothing works.....

 

the list does have calculated columns, but so does the development site which works fine

 

I can import the list if I use the Web Connector, but I dont particularly want to do this..

 

any ideas???

 

6 REPLIES 6
costic
Frequent Visitor

lol this really is awful... if you change the API version, and if the locals of the server is different than the client, then you have a problem with the dates format! it is a vicious circle

melrous
Frequent Visitor

Go to Advanced Editor and change your API Version to 14 or other version as your current API Version is what causing the issue.Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 2.19.29 PM.png

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Merchy2401 ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

 

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Merchy2401 ,

I haven't reproduced your issue. Please delete the data source (File->Options and Settings->Data Source Settings->Clear Permission) and reconnect to see if it works.

Best Regards,

Cherry

 

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry,

 

having found that response prior to me raising the call, I have tried to delete that dat source & Clear permissions, but the problem still remains.

 

as a work around I have reconnected to the sharepoint list using a Web Connector and it connects ok, but the native Sharepoint 2013 list connector is not working.

 

Andi

@v-piga-msft 

I have been having the same problem with one of my sharepoint sites. I think it may have something to do with a dash "-" in the name. My other sites don't give this error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - June 24th

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors