Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ozmike
Resolver I
Resolver I

DataSource.Error: SAP Business Warehouse: Invalid MDX command with )

HI Strange error with ) ?

If I filter a column in the query editor - in most columns I get the below error ')'. Filter by selecting an item from the list check box, or entering search text. Some  columns do work.

DataSource.Error: SAP Business Warehouse: Invalid MDX command with )
Details:
DataSourceKind=SapBusinessWarehouse
DataSourcePath=sXXXX
ErrorCode=-2147467259

In another column i type search filter text "Tax" - ok , but if I select an item or type an item I get ,(comma) error!

DataSource.Error: SAP Business Warehouse: Invalid MDX command with ,
Details:
DataSourceKind=SapBusinessWarehouse
DataSourcePath=XXX
ErrorCode=-2147467259

Power Bi Version

Version: 2.48.4792.721 64-bit (July 2017)

btw How do I find out what version of dlls..if relevant..

This is a showstopper we can't use this product.

Interestingly the slicer in the visualisation has no problems..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ozmike,

Then the free trial of Power BI Pro isn't enough.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ozmike
Resolver I
Resolver I

One work around seems to be to use the text filters -> contains search seems to work (slow) but does not get these syntax errors.

@ozmike,

Thank you for sharing the solution. Perhaps you can take a look at the Advanced Editor.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi thanks for the clue,

I think i've narrowed down the issue. But can't explain it as i'm no guru in the M language. Looks like a bug.

ok if you select 2 filters your ok..if you select only one you dead!  when I enter the word Tax as filter it selects multiple check items (4)

eg this fails check 'X Tax' as filter
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each (Cube.AttributeMemberId([Category Level 1.Category Level 1 Level 01]) = "[XXLV1].[84349712BABA1ED593A328A6DFE28346]" meta [DisplayName = "X Tax"] ))

This does not error , typing 'tax' returns 4 selections
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each (Cube.AttributeMemberId([Category Level 1.Category Level 1 Level 01]) = "[XLV1].[84349712BABA1ED593A328A75FF10344]" meta [DisplayName = "X Tax"] or Cube.AttributeMemberId([Category Level 1.Category Level 1 Level 01]) = "[XLV1].[84349712BABA1ED593A328A76B5E0344]" meta [DisplayName = "YTax"] or Cube.AttributeMemberId([Category Level 1.Category Level 1 Level 01]) = "[XLV1].[84349712BABA1ED593A328A6DFE28346]" meta [DisplayName = "Z Tax"] or Cube.AttributeMemberId([Category Level 1.Category Level 1 Level 01]) = "[XLV1].[84349712BABA1ED593A328A71D41C346]" meta [DisplayName = "Tax XX"]))

Similarly if I select /check 2 items it works..

filtering multiple items returns more rows..and works ..so its not a resource issue.

This seems to be a bug, whether MS can fix or its a SAP driver issue..who knows .Can you fix it ? Smiley Wink

Hi thanks for the clue,

I think i've narrowed down the issue. But can't explain it as i'm no guru in the M language. Looks like a bug.

ok if you select 2 filters your ok..if you select only one you dead!  when I enter the word Tax as filter it selects multiple check items (4)

eg this fails check 'X Tax' as filter

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each (Cube.AttributeMemberId([Category Level 1.Category Level 1 Level 01]) = "[XXLV1].[84349712BABA1ED593A328A6DFE28346]" meta [DisplayName = "X Tax"] ))

This does not error , typing 'tax' returns 4 selections

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each (Cube.AttributeMemberId([Category Level 1.Category Level 1 Level 01]) = "[XLV1].[84349712BABA1ED593A328A75FF10344]" meta [DisplayName = "X Tax"] or Cube.AttributeMemberId([Category Level 1.Category Level 1 Level 01]) = "[XLV1].[84349712BABA1ED593A328A76B5E0344]" meta [DisplayName = "YTax"] or Cube.AttributeMemberId([Category Level 1.Category Level 1 Level 01]) = "[XLV1].[84349712BABA1ED593A328A6DFE28346]" meta [DisplayName = "Z Tax"] or Cube.AttributeMemberId([Category Level 1.Category Level 1 Level 01]) = "[XLV1].[84349712BABA1ED593A328A71D41C346]" meta [DisplayName = "Tax XX"]))

Similarly if I select /check 2 items it works..

filtering multiple items returns more rows..and works ..so its not a resource issue.

This seems to be a bug, whether MS can fix or its a SAP driver issue..who knows .Can you fix it ? 😉

@ozmike,

I can not reproduce the issue. You could create a support ticket.

How do I raise a ticket , found the raise ticket button, and activated the pro trial...but says

Looks like you haven't subscribed to Power BI Pro

Do I need to pay to help you guys 😉

Or is it a lag ..I have activated the pro trail..

@ozmike,

Then the free trial of Power BI Pro isn't enough.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.