cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adrien Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

DataSource.Error : OLE DB : Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors.

Hi,

This message appears when I try to refresh data in table:

DataSource.Error : OLE DB : Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

ErrorCode=-2147217887

I have never had this problem before...

Can you help me?

Regards,

Adrien LEFEVRE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-caliao-msft

Re: DataSource.Error : OLE DB : Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors.

Hi @Adrien,

For this error,  following are two possible causes of this error:

• In the registry, under the key for an OLE DB provider's CLSID, there may be an entry named OLEDB_SERVICES. If the OLE DB provider that is used to make the ADO connection does not have the OLEDB_SERVICES entry, and ADO tries to set up a property that is not supported by the provider, the error occurs. For more information about this registry entry, see the "Resolution" section.
  • If OLEDB_SERVICES entry exists but there is a problem in the ADO connection string, the error occurs.

Please refer to the link below to see the details.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/269495/prb-multiple-step-ole-db-operation-generated-errors-...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator v-caliao-msft

Re: DataSource.Error : OLE DB : Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors.

Hi @Adrien,

For this error,  following are two possible causes of this error:

• In the registry, under the key for an OLE DB provider's CLSID, there may be an entry named OLEDB_SERVICES. If the OLE DB provider that is used to make the ADO connection does not have the OLEDB_SERVICES entry, and ADO tries to set up a property that is not supported by the provider, the error occurs. For more information about this registry entry, see the "Resolution" section.
  • If OLEDB_SERVICES entry exists but there is a problem in the ADO connection string, the error occurs.

Please refer to the link below to see the details.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/269495/prb-multiple-step-ole-db-operation-generated-errors-...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

Adrien Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi Charlie,

The OLE DB provider I use to make the ADO connection dont' have the OLEDB_SERVICES entry...

I have added the OLEDB_SERVICES registry entry and it works.

Thank you for your answer.

Regards,

Adrien LEFEVRE

armanfalah Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I had the same issue.

Power bi couldnt refresh the table because there were some string data in source and I wanted to load them into a integer column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,350)