Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

th1054

DataSource.Error: An IO error occurred

Hi all,

Getting an error when retrieving data from a network folder, which I am having trouble with:

DataSource.Error: An IO error occurred while trying to access the file 'J:\XFunc\BICC\BIRepertoireReports\$RECYCLE.BIN\S-1-5-21-603813995-968164208-1446904402-48425'.

The error causes my table to stop loading at that point (row 23 of a table that should contain 1000s of files) so is a fairly big problem!

The folder $RECYCLE.BIN does not appear when browsing, so is either hidden or does not exist (I do not have sufficient clearance to view hidden files/ folders)

Is anyone able to shed light on what the problem could be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@th1054

The files under $RECYCLE.BIN path can't be used as data source for Power BI. They must be restored to be available. And only Excel file(.xls/xlsx), Power BI file(.pbix) and Comma Separated Value (.csv) file can be used as data source. See: Get data from files

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@th1054

The files under $RECYCLE.BIN path can't be used as data source for Power BI. They must be restored to be available. And only Excel file(.xls/xlsx), Power BI file(.pbix) and Comma Separated Value (.csv) file can be used as data source. See: Get data from files

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.