Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shirin
Frequent Visitor

DataSet with 2 languages

Hi,
I am working with power bi desktop to create reports, and I should publish the reports through the URL on the Internet and website. Currently, my dataset is EXCEL file. I have to create the report for both languages French and English. Now, I want to know, is it possible to have one dataSet instead having 2 dataset?
Forexample, in the DimProvince table for the name of Canadian provinces create two columns such as ,EnProvince and FRProvince with the same ID_Province. or I have to create 2 Dataset and every table keep only one languages.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @shirin 

Power BI provides the features required to design and implement multi-language reports.

You can work with both metadata translations and content translations by writing custom code with the Tabular Object Model (TOM) and by using Tabular Editor to create and manage translations in the multi-language report development process. 

For more informations, please refer to this tutorial.

Building Multi Language Reports in Power BI 

You can also check the solutions mentioned in these links.

Build an Automated Multilingual Product Dimension with Power BI Desktop 

Multilanguage Multilingual reports in Power BI 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @shirin 

Power BI provides the features required to design and implement multi-language reports.

You can work with both metadata translations and content translations by writing custom code with the Tabular Object Model (TOM) and by using Tabular Editor to create and manage translations in the multi-language report development process. 

For more informations, please refer to this tutorial.

Building Multi Language Reports in Power BI 

You can also check the solutions mentioned in these links.

Build an Automated Multilingual Product Dimension with Power BI Desktop 

Multilanguage Multilingual reports in Power BI 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@shirin Yes, you can have 1 but 

2 different tables may give you the advantage of reducing redundancy, but then not sure/aware of your complete data-model

>> Understand star schema and the importance for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Ritesh

vojtechsima
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi, @shirin 
You can have hundreds of data sources in one report, you can simply have everything also in one excel file and then create two pages, one in English, the second in French. Then you create a button that would switch between those two so users can choose which page they want to see.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.