Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IanCockcroft
Post Patron
Post Patron

DataFormat.Error

Hi guys,

I am going through a tutorial to build a report for  the football worldcup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i24MdCAjL68

After pulling data from web and inserting code from   the tut

i get an error

DataFormat.Error: The specified culture is not supported. Details: en-SE

the code:

let
    Source =                                                                          Web.Page(Web.Contents("http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/groups/")),
    #"Removed Columns1" = Table.RemoveColumns(Source,{"Source", "ClassName"}),
    #"Expanded Data1" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Columns1", "Data", {"", "MP", "W", "D", "L", "GF", "GA", "+/-", "Pts"}, {"Column1", "MP", "W", "D", "L", "GF", "GA", "+/-", "Pts"}),
    #"Filtered Rows" =                                                      Table.SelectRows(#"Expanded Data1", each ([Caption] <> "Document")),
    #"Split Column by Delimiter" = Table.SplitColumn(#"Filtered Rows", "Column1", Splitter.SplitTextByDelimiter("#(lf)", QuoteStyle.Csv), {"Column1.1", "Column1.2"}),
    #"Trimmed Text" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Split Column by Delimiter",{{"Column1.2", Text.Trim, type text}}),
    #"Filtered Rows2" = Table.SelectRows(#"Trimmed Text", each ([Column1.2] <> null and [Column1.2] <> "")),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Rows2", "Flag URL", each "https://fsprdcdnpublic.azureedge.net/global-pictures/flags-fwc2018-4/"&Text.Lower([Column1.2])),
    #"Extracted Text After Delimiter" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Added Custom", {{"Caption", each Text.AfterDelimiter(_, " "), type text}}),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Extracted Text After Delimiter",{{"Caption", "Group"}, {"Id", "GroupId"}, {"Column1.1", "Teams"}, {"Column1.2", "Team code"}}),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Renamed Columns",{{"MP", Int64.Type}, {"W", Int64.Type}, {"D", Int64.Type}, {"L", Int64.Type}, {"GF", Int64.Type}, {"GA", Int64.Type}, {"+/-", Int64.Type}, {"Pts", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Extracted First Characters" = Table.TransformColumns(#"Changed Type", {{"Group", each Text.Start(_, 1), type text}}),
    #"Renamed Columns1" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Extracted First Characters",{{"+/-", "Diff"}})
in
    #"Renamed Columns1"

any ideas why? and how to fix it?

en-SE seems to be Sweden. I think her settings are set to SE

not sure

thanks guys

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Thejeswar,

I seem to have solved it.

in the options page under local settings, you have the ability to add a culture.

I added sweden. seems to have worked.

cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@IanCockcroft,

Is this the code that you are using?

If so, it is working fine for me

I was able to import the data and build my visualization using the code snippet that you shared

If there is something else you are adding to this, sharing that would help!!

Hi Thejeswar, yes, thats the exact code.

I am also wondering if it might be my OS or even PBI version(i am using may 2018 64 bit on windows 7)

Last night, I was working on it at home(windows 10) and there was no error.

Does that maybe give you some ideas?

cheers

Ian

@IanCockcroft,

Yes that could also be an issue.

I am using PBI 2018 May version, Windows 10, It is working perfectly fine.

Give it a shot by installing the latest version in your machine. If that does not solve the issue, may be it is a problem with some OS settings or so

cheers

Thejeswar

Hi Thejeswar,

I seem to have solved it.

in the options page under local settings, you have the ability to add a culture.

I added sweden. seems to have worked.

cheers

Ok great then!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.