Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cowork16
Frequent Visitor

DataFormat.Error when connecting to folder of Excel workbooks

I need to make a report based on data in a shared folder that contains Excel workbooks for each week. All the workbooks are structured identically (same tabs, headers, etc). Each workbook contains several tabs, but the data I need is on the same tab in each workbook. I have no control over these files so I can't restructure, change file type, etc. I tried to connect to the folder, and when I combine the binaries, I choose the tab that I need. The data appears in the preview but there are a lot of null values, and ultimately when I attempt to filter out the nulls, I get an error in row 48 with "Error" in each cell. The error is "DataFormat.Error: Invalid cell value '#N/A'." Is there a way that I can get around this error? TIA 🙂

Null valuesNull values

ErrorsErrors

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cowork16
Frequent Visitor

I figured it out. There are N/A and REF errors in some of the workbooks that I'm trying to query from.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Balboahard
Frequent Visitor

How to import just one tab from excel into several files inside a mespa folder?
cowork16
Frequent Visitor

I figured it out. There are N/A and REF errors in some of the workbooks that I'm trying to query from.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.