Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fossa

DataFormat.Error: We reached the end of the buffer

I'm getting this error in all of my queries: DataFormat.Error: We reached the end of the buffer.

All of my queries look like this:

let
    Source = Json.Document
    (
        Web.Contents
        (
            "https://www.example.com",
            [
                Timeout=#duration(0, 0, 30, 0),
                Headers=[Authorization="Basic base64encodedstring"]
            ]
        )
    )
in
    Source

The base64encodedstring was name:key before being encoded, where the name is the api key name, and key is the api access token.

I'm connecting to the logiforms api. My connection settings are anonymous for all of the urls since the web api option wasn't working properly.

The queries I tried worked for a few of the urls I was using, but once i tried it on a url that contained a lot of data (20,000+ forms with many fields) it stopped working, even if I started a new project and used a url that was working just fine earlier.

I tried resetting my computer as well.

I looked up this problem but didn't find any real solutions.

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Fossa

If your API has no limitation on retrieving data, please capture the Fiddler Trace for more detail information.

Regards,

Hi, sometimes we experience the same error when scheduled refreshing. If I try to manualy refresh the dataset it succeeds in few tries

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.