Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

DataFlow Cahce Behaviour

Dear Power BI Community/Devs,

Had a small issue with Dataflows previously. My client has a very large table (circa 120Gb) of around 500 mil rows. This was put into a Dataflow via SQL connection easily enough. yet when attempting to connect to the Dataflow in Power BI Desktop via:

Get Data > Power BI Data Flows > Navigate to Workspace Folder > Then DataFlow > Then Entity

I receved an error message to increase the Data Cache:

Expression Error: The evaluation reached the allowed cache entry size limit. Try increasing the allowed cache size.

Steps I took to attempt to overcome the error:

Upgraded all Gateway servers that Dataflows are using to latest version.

Upgraded Power BI Desktop to latest version.

Changed the setting in the PBIX Options under General > Data Cache Management Options - Increased the Maximum Allowed MB to 10Gb, then 15Gb, then 99999999 etc. (Making sure to clear the cache each time)

All of these changes resulted in the same error.

I then Set the Data Cache Management Options to 0, which resulted in the same error.

I then set the Data Cache Management Options to 32mb (minimum) and it worked. Suddenly it was able to connect to the Dataflow and load it.

Can someone please help to explain the behaviour that i'm witnessing please?

Regards,

Chris McAlpine

BiTQ 

1 REPLY 1
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

In this scenario, I would suggest you opening a ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.