Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bvsaicharitha
Helper I
Helper I

Data with Zero values

HI

When I loaded an large excel file in power BI, the data with the numeric values are displayed as 0s but when I checked in edit queries, I could see the actual numeric values.

I am not able to create a new column with those columns( For example when I divide two columns it is taking 0/0 and displaying NaN)

Can you please help me why it is happening like that and how to rectify it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @bvsaicharitha,

Actually, you have 0s in the data source. So there may not be any issues. You can filter out these 0s in the Query editor or handle them in the DAX formula. For example, 

Measure = DIVIDE(3, 0, 99)
Column =
IF ( ISBLANK ( [Column1] ) = TRUE () || [Column1] = 0, 0, 3 / [Column1] )

Data_with_Zero_values

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

In the Modeling, perhaps increase the number of decimals for that column?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks,In ModellingIn ModellingIn Query editorIn Query editorIn Query EditorIn Query Editor

I could not still able to see the values after increasing the decimal 

Pbx file? How can I send you? I do not see that option

Yes, the pbix file. You can upload it to the cloud drive like OneDrive, GoogleDrive then share the download link here. You'd better attach the source file. Or we can't see the data in the Query Editor. Please mark or delete the private data first.

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @bvsaicharitha,

Actually, you have 0s in the data source. So there may not be any issues. You can filter out these 0s in the Query editor or handle them in the DAX formula. For example, 

Measure = DIVIDE(3, 0, 99)
Column =
IF ( ISBLANK ( [Column1] ) = TRUE () || [Column1] = 0, 0, 3 / [Column1] )

Data_with_Zero_values

Best Regards,

Dale

Hi @bvsaicharitha,

Can you share the file? You can delete other parts first. It's hard to troubleshoot through snapshots.

Best Regards,

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.