Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hpimenta Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Data update.

Hi everyone!

I'm having some problems with my data update. I have an excel data base where I added some new columns and I'm not being sucessful to update then to PBI. When I try to refresh PBI there's a message: "Column number 50 not found".

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Data update.

Hi @hpimenta ,

By my tests and research, we will not get the error message for updating data in power bi desktop when we only add columns in the underlying data source.

Do you get the error message like below?

Capture.PNG

If that is the case, this error normally occur when you delete the column which in the visual in your underlying source. For my example, I delete the Product column in my excel, so it will show this error when I click refresh button in power bi desktop.

If you get the error message, you could delete the column in the change type step in query editor to fix it.

Untitled.png

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hpimenta ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hpimenta ,

By my tests and research, we will not get the error message for updating data in power bi desktop when we only add columns in the underlying data source.

Do you get the error message like below?

Capture.PNG

If that is the case, this error normally occur when you delete the column which in the visual in your underlying source. For my example, I delete the Product column in my excel, so it will show this error when I click refresh button in power bi desktop.

If you get the error message, you could delete the column in the change type step in query editor to fix it.

Untitled.png

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hpimenta ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

PBI Community Highlights

PBI Community Highlights

Check out what's new in the Power BI Community!

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 365 members 4,037 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: