Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rocky777
Frequent Visitor

Data tables - need help

Hello guys! I wanna build smth. like this (screenshot) but I can’t get the way to build my general tables. What columns do I need to create in my excel file?

And 1 more thing. Is it possible when I press “All”(1) there are 4 filters (2 and 3), when I press “Migration increase” or ”Natural increase” there are only 2 filters (2 or 3 depend on the pressed button)?

TEST.png

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Not exactly sure what you are going for here. Do you not have any source data? What does it look like? Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I want to repeat this work http://aitoff.ru/migrationrbt (1-st widget) but i'm not sure what columns do i need to create in my microsoft excel file.

Hi @rocky777,

Not quite understand about what you want. What is smth? Please share us more information about your requirement. If you want to display a picture, you just need this picture URL. And set its Data Category to Image URL in Power BI.

For your second question. It is able to achieve. You just need to create relationship between these filters. And what are the relationships?

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

That picture is the example I want my project to look like. I need to build a comparison table (Area / Years). Values depend on the pressed filter (“Migration increase”, “Natural increase”, “arrived”, “left”, “born”, “dead”).

“Migration increase” = “arrived” – “left”

“Natural increase” = “born” – “dead”

I’d like to repeat this project http://aitoff.ru/migrationrbt (the 1-st widget).

Here is the data source: 4 the same tables 2015-2018 with different values.

Spoiler
1111.png

I don't know how to build the relationships properly to achive the desired result like in the project i linked above.

So here is the final table and the the screenshot with the relationships. Now i i'd like to add slicers (“Migration increase”, “Natural increase”, “arrived”, “left”, “born”, “dead”). The problem is that i don't understand what relationships i need to add to make those slicers.

One more time: I want slicers to look like when u press “Migration increase” there are 2 more (“arrived” and “left”), when you press “Natural increase” there are other 2 (“born” and “dead”), and both together.

“Migration increase” = “arrived” – “left”

“Natural increase” = “born” – “dead”

Thank you for your patience!

Table.png
Model.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.