Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ytc-reports
Helper I
Helper I

Data table with missing date ranges - how to visualize 0s?

Hi guys! Having a bit of trouble with what I thought would be a simple, common requirement.

I've got a data table that looks something like this:

data-table.png

Shipment Date is the date that the item was shipped, Shipment Week is Shipment Date rounded to the previous sunday. My visuals are on an itemnumber-by-itemnumber & week-by-week basis.

My red < lines show periods where entire weeks have no shipments. When I visualize this in a line graph, what I'd like is for that to show as 0, because 0 of that item shipped that week. What it does instead is it draws a continuous line from the weeks with data, like so:

graph.png

So yeah, where the red v's are is where there is no shipments for that week. Naturally I'd like to see that go down to 0 rather than show a continuous line.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My point of view , what u r trying to show that is not possible is this chart or visuals in power BI default chart.

Next, 

1. if u measure is calculated column , add one if condtion like 

Measure = IF ( Isblank( sum(Column_Name)), 0 , sum(Column_Name) )

try this, let me know 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Cool dude,

1. Without data how can we show as 0.

2. If want to show missing date in X-Axis , we can do , choose "Continuos" in X-Axis Property pls refer image 

1.JPG

Thanks man, but it's already set to 'continuous'

My point of view , what u r trying to show that is not possible is this chart or visuals in power BI default chart.

Next, 

1. if u measure is calculated column , add one if condtion like 

Measure = IF ( Isblank( sum(Column_Name)), 0 , sum(Column_Name) )

try this, let me know 

That might be the solution. Give me a bit to check it out and I'll get back to you.

Am waiting for u my dear friend.

Accepted your solution. It worked! Thanks pal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.