Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jondeck24
Helper I
Helper I

Data tab not showing up

HI All, 

Quick question - the data tab on the far left that is usually between Report and Relationships is gone in my report.  My question is was this a result of the latest update?  If not, how do I get it back?  I went through options and didn't see anything glaring there as if its unselected from a list.  I like doing a lot of my data issue stuff in that tab and was curious how I get it to show up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jondeck24,

How do you connect to your data source in Power BI Desktop? If you connect to some database data sources using “DirectQuery” option, or connect to SSAS database using “Connect live” option, the data tab will not be visible. There is an example for your reference.
2.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Learnerpro

When you import data through direct SQL query, the data tab disappears. Click on Model tab, then click on the tables you've imported(through SQL query). In the properties window->Advanced, change the storage mode from DirectQuery to import. Tada! You can see the Data tab again!

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jondeck24,

How do you connect to your data source in Power BI Desktop? If you connect to some database data sources using “DirectQuery” option, or connect to SSAS database using “Connect live” option, the data tab will not be visible. There is an example for your reference.
2.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello!

I have a very similar issue. I want to build report similar to one already built by a colleague but for different country. He sent me the local .pbix file, but the data tab does not appear. In addition, I cannot see the data source, transform data... All the buttons related to data transformation and import are not "selectable" and I cannot see the data. 

Is there a possibility I can see the data tab back again? 

kkk.PNG

Thanks Lydia - I think that is how my coworker put it together so that explains it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.