Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RonLieuw
Helper I
Helper I

Data source visible in template

I am using the free version of PBI, configured a report and saved the file as a template (pbit).

When I open the template I can see the original source url "saascustomer1.net", see screenshot below .

Is there a way to blank out the original url so I don't expose the url used to create the template?

Odatafeed.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RonLieuw,

I think you are create wrong power bi template, normally it not contains connection string.

Please enter to query editor and use query parameter and invoke it as connector 's connection string, then save it as pbit.

Deep Dive into Query Parameters and Power BI Templates Miguel Llopis Senior Program Manager, Power B...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RonLieuw,

I think you are create wrong power bi template, normally it not contains connection string.

Please enter to query editor and use query parameter and invoke it as connector 's connection string, then save it as pbit.

Deep Dive into Query Parameters and Power BI Templates Miguel Llopis Senior Program Manager, Power B...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Xiaoxin Sheng,thank you for the reaction.

I found out what I want to do can be bsest done as a Custom visual service!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.