Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FatiFlaubert
Helper I
Helper I

Data source update

Hi,

I've transformd my data via Power query by adding new column with a calculation, removing other columns. Now I've added new data to my data source but when I try to refresh my dashboard on Power BI it fails. Help please.

@BA_Pete 

@amitchandak 

@Pragati11 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FatiFlaubert ,

There are duplicate fields in the formula.

v-yuaj-msft_0-1608714029341.png

Best Regards,

Yuna

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FatiFlaubert ,

You just shared with me the formula for one of the steps, which is not conducive to me helping you solve the problem.

I suggest that you can delete the credentials in the data source setting and reconnect to the data source, and then delete all the "X-Coord" column names in all steps.

If you still have problems after completing the operation, I suggest you open a support ticket.

File a support ticket here.

v-yuaj-msft_0-1608775947599.gif

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FatiFlaubert ,

There are duplicate fields in the formula.

v-yuaj-msft_0-1608714029341.png

Best Regards,

Yuna

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FatiFlaubert ,

Did you deliberately add an extra comma in the place circled in the screenshot below?

v-yuaj-msft_0-1608688548380.png

Best Regards,

Yuna

Thank you . Indeed it was an error. Now after correcting it and deleting also other errors, what this could mean ?

Capture4.PNG

FatiFlaubert
Helper I
Helper I

Here is the function, could you please check with me ?

=Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Month", type date}, {"Market", type text}, {"Team", type text}, {"MD", type text}, {"Ped Calls", Int64.Type}, {"Nurse Calls", Int64.Type}, {"MW Calls", Int64.Type}, {"Pharma Calls", Int64.Type}, {"Other Calls", Int64.Type}, {"Medical Calls", Int64.Type}, {"Total Calls", Int64.Type}, {"Ped Calls %", type any}, {"Nurse Calls %", type any}, {"MW Calls %", type any}, {"Pharma Calls %", type any}, {"Other Calls %", type any}, {"Med Calls %", type any}, {"F2F Calls %", type number}, {"Remote Calls %", type number}, {"Working Days", type number}, {"Call Rate", type number}, {"Call Sub Time in Days", type number}, {"%A", type number}, {"%B", type number}, {"Avg A freq", type number}, {"Avg B freq", type number}, {"Coaching sessions", Int64.Type}, {"Column40", type any}, , {"A", Int64.Type}, {"B", Int64.Type}, {"% A", type number}, {"% B", type number}, {"rest A", type number}, {"rest B", type number}, {"Double", Int64.Type}})

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FatiFlaubert ,

you may need to check if you wrote the function in the rigth syntax since a little mistype could possibly couse error.

Best Regards,

Yuna

FatiFlaubert
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Pragati11 

After deleting the column name from the formula bar and trying to save I got this : Capture3.PNG

Hi @FatiFlaubert ,

Looks like you have deleted a token within the expression like comma, brackets, etc. along with the column name.

Did you take backup of the previous formula bar value? If not close the pbix file without saving and open it again and then be careful when you remove a column reference from this formula.

Or before closing pbix, scroll to the right on the error and see where it is giving error.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

FatiFlaubert
Helper I
Helper I

Actually this column was removed, I don't need it and didn't use it 

Capture2.PNG

Hi @FatiFlaubert ,

Based on above screesnhot --> Go to View on the top ribbon --> check Formula Bar

Now you will see the actual formula for ChangedType step.

Under Change Type step you will see that this column has still has a refrence, therefore it is giving error. You will have to remove this column name from this step to fix this error.

Check similarly for other steps as well.

Removing columns directly from datasource doesn't mean they query steps get updated everytime.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

FatiFlaubert
Helper I
Helper I

I've deleted this column on power query and also from my data sourceI've deleted this column on power query and also from my data source

Seems like your column 'X-Coord' gets removed from the source table.

You might need to add the column again or go to Power Query Advanced Editor and remove the column where it is getting used.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @FatiFlaubert ,

The error is easy to understand. One of your column is missing. Is this column used somehwhere on your report?

Also, go to power query editor, start from the first step where you have SOURCE under applied steps section and see where it is going wrong.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@FatiFlaubert , Can you share the error. Open the edit query/transform data mode. You should see some error there

debug issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6DPmKqN7s

refer how to handle error in power query
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6DPmKqN7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Lag0VOiTs

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you please share the details of the failure ? did you add more columns or new rows in data?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @FatiFlaubert ,

Can you share some screessnhots around the issue please? This is not helping much.

Add error screesnhot as well which you are facing.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.