Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data source error The key matched more than one row in the table

Hi,

I'm refreshing my report in the desktop environment successfully but upon publish the report on the workspace and try to refresh the data set it gives me this error (Data source error The key matched more than one row in the table) can you help me to understad what could be the reason behind it  ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, the problem solved automatically yesterday, the issue was mainly in the SharePoint where the data sources located.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sudeepveettil
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

I am having a similar issue.

We have an OData feed from (Planview) PPM Pro to Power BI. We created two reports in PPM Pro 1) Project information with financials 2) Project KPI trend data. We initially had both these reports running under two seperate dashboard. Both these dashboards are running fine independently, but when we combine both reports into one dashboard, I am getting the following error.

"Expression.Error: The key matched more than one row in the table. Details: Key= EntityKey=Project__xxxxxxx@yyyyyyy Table=[Table]"

In the Odata feed, both report source is showing same "EntityKey", any idea how this is getting created?

Regards,

Sudeep

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same problem with Planview Pro connection.  Did you find a solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check if the account you are using for the refresh has the proper access rights on the data source.

We encountered the same error message when connecting to Databricks Delta using the Spark connector. It turned out that the access rights to the table had been dropped. Restoring the access rights solved the issue for us.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, the problem solved automatically yesterday, the issue was mainly in the SharePoint where the data sources located.

rocky09
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I guess, it mostly relates to Relationship between tables. Again, Try to refresh in Power BI Desktop, see if you encountered any error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.