Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Orstenpowers
Post Patron
Post Patron

Data source (Excel) with additional column - how to add?

Dear all,

My original data, an Excel file, got an additional column. When updating my PBI file, I get the error message "The column "Column27" of the table was not found".

How can I manage that this additional column will be considered as well?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards

Torsten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Orstenpowers ,

As amitchandak mentioned before, this issue should be a case of rename or column getting removed. I think it is easy to solve. You only need to remove the "Change type" step in APPLIED STEPS and then change column type manually.

1.png

In my sample, I rename Price as Price1 and add an ID column. Then refresh data and get this error.

2.png

I remove the "Change type" step in APPLIED STEPS and change column type manually.

1.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Orstenpowers ,

As amitchandak mentioned before, this issue should be a case of rename or column getting removed. I think it is easy to solve. You only need to remove the "Change type" step in APPLIED STEPS and then change column type manually.

1.png

In my sample, I rename Price as Price1 and add an ID column. Then refresh data and get this error.

2.png

I remove the "Change type" step in APPLIED STEPS and change column type manually.

1.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Orstenpowers , this seems like a case of rename or column getting removed. Usually when column got added it add automatically.

Add the excel again in a new table, and in power, query copy the top code carefully and replace it with top code of your existing table.

Advance editor in Power Query, on the right click of a table 

Change Connection from One source type to another Source Type and use existing steps: https://youtu.be/nwYJgG2hmd0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.