Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nick2358
Helper III
Helper III

Data showing in query but not visual - number column

Hello everyone,

I have this excel spreadsheet updated weekly and uploaded in Power BI.

We realized that the latest rows are not showing in the visual (a simple table) but they are showing in the query.

This issue seems to be coming from the number columns (2 from the spreadsheet + 2 measure) because if you delete these 4 columns the table shows the correct data.

I tried to "Don't summarize" the columns but it doesn't work and I don't know what to change with my measures either (if I keep the measures only, the table doesn't show the latest update) ...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Nick

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please share your measures.  If a measure returns blank, that row is filtered out from the table.  It looks like you have no data currently meeting whatever criteria is in your measure(s).

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

Hi @mahoneypat,

You were right. I just replaced "null" by "0" in Power Query and the missing rows appeared on my visual,

Thanks a lot for your help!

Nick,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

hi @Nick2358 ,

I agree with @mahoneypat  here regarding your measure caluclations.

Also do check if there are any filters on your report or on your visual, which is filtering this data somehow and not showing it.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please share your measures.  If a measure returns blank, that row is filtered out from the table.  It looks like you have no data currently meeting whatever criteria is in your measure(s).

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Hi @mahoneypat,

You were right. I just replaced "null" by "0" in Power Query and the missing rows appeared on my visual,

Thanks a lot for your help!

Nick,

Hi @mahoneypat,

My measures are the following:

% Achieved = DIVIDE(SUM('Projection'[In Month Actual]), CALCULATE(SUM('Projection'[DPM])))

% Run Rate = (CALCULATE(SUM('Projection'[In Month Actual])/15)*21/CALCULATE(SUM('Projection'[DPM])))

"DPM" and "In Month Actual" being my 2 number columns. And yes the both contain blanks and return blanks in some rows. However I didn't apply any filter to remove blanks ...

Thanks a lot for your help,

Nick,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.