Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

litos

Data set refresh failed. Access Source. (Cannot connect to source...)

Hello, very good everyone.

I can't detect an update error in a dataset. This process was so far created with the file hosted on another server and was working properly.

The dataset has as its source an Access file, through a Gateway installed on the server, on which the file is located. Updating from desktop gives no problem, updates correctly

The gateway connection is properly configured, all in green. However, when you try to upgrade from the online platform, from its corresponding workspace, in the dataset, it returns error:

There's been a mistake.
Cannot connect to undefined data source.
Please try again later or contact support. Please provide these details if you contact them.
Underlying error code: -2147467259
Underlying error message: We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-D-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: fd2db3fc-7dbf-41fb-8980-2191eee0d520
Application ID: 9527803e-40f6-3668-9d61-2d24a759f7c2
Mountain: 2020-10-15 11:05:47Z

Un define what exactly the problem is.

I've knew that the problem occurs only with Access, since I've done similar tests in the same environment, with excel and txt, and no problem.

As I said this same process, with access hosted on another server it does not give problems.

And I can't detect what the problem is. Any ideas?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, I have the same problem. did you find the solution?

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @litos ,

This is really weird. 

First, please update your gateway to the latest version and try it again.

Then, if this doesn't work either and you are a pro user, it is suggested to create a support ticket to get further help.

Support Ticket.gif

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps,then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

Yes, I did. The truth is that the Gateway is already the latest version. At this moment the MS PBI support service is trying to discover the reason. I will come back here if the solution is found. Thank you.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.