Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ysapiyev
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Data selection in heirarchy

Hi everyone.

I have a report with live connection to SSAS cube. There are hierarchy of org units: org_unit1 => org_unit2 => org_unit3.

I have values in measures for org_unit2, so at org_unit1 they sum, which is correct, and at level of org_unit3 it shows value for org_unit2. Is it possible to get 0 at org_unit3 level? 

Regards,

Yerkhan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I solved it by using calculations in OLAP cube, by setting case for hierarchy level. Here is more information.

Regards,

Yerkhan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ysapiyev,

Sorry for the delay.

I have values in measures for org_unit2, so at org_unit1 they sum, which is correct, and at level of org_unit3 it shows value for org_unit2. Is it possible to get 0 at org_unit3 level? 

Is the Value column a measure? If it is, please share the formula of the measure.

I'm confused about getting 0 at org_unit3 level. If it is convenient, could you share your desired output and explain your logic.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I solved it by using calculations in OLAP cube, by setting case for hierarchy level. Here is more information.

Regards,

Yerkhan

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ysapiyev,

I have a report with live connection to SSAS cube. There are hierarchy of org units: org_unit1 => org_unit2 => org_unit3.

Based on your infromartion, I'm not very claer about "Is it possible to get 0 at org_unit3 level?".

More details will be more helpful.

If it is convenient, could you please share some data sample which could reproduce your scenario and your desired output so that I can have a test?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-piga-msft

Attached report. You can see, that org_unit_2_2 has value 1400. How can I save this value and set value of org_unit_2_2_1 and org_unit_2_2_2 to 0?

Regards,

Yerkhan

Hi @ysapiyev,

I cannot have access to your report as I don't have permission.

You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

@v-piga-msft,

Attached file to onedrive. 

Regards,

Yerkhan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors