Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ysapiyev
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Data selection in heirarchy

Hi everyone.

I have a report with live connection to SSAS cube. There are hierarchy of org units: org_unit1 => org_unit2 => org_unit3.

I have values in measures for org_unit2, so at org_unit1 they sum, which is correct, and at level of org_unit3 it shows value for org_unit2. Is it possible to get 0 at org_unit3 level? 

Regards,

Yerkhan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I solved it by using calculations in OLAP cube, by setting case for hierarchy level. Here is more information.

Regards,

Yerkhan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ysapiyev,

Sorry for the delay.

I have values in measures for org_unit2, so at org_unit1 they sum, which is correct, and at level of org_unit3 it shows value for org_unit2. Is it possible to get 0 at org_unit3 level? 

Is the Value column a measure? If it is, please share the formula of the measure.

I'm confused about getting 0 at org_unit3 level. If it is convenient, could you share your desired output and explain your logic.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I solved it by using calculations in OLAP cube, by setting case for hierarchy level. Here is more information.

Regards,

Yerkhan

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ysapiyev,

I have a report with live connection to SSAS cube. There are hierarchy of org units: org_unit1 => org_unit2 => org_unit3.

Based on your infromartion, I'm not very claer about "Is it possible to get 0 at org_unit3 level?".

More details will be more helpful.

If it is convenient, could you please share some data sample which could reproduce your scenario and your desired output so that I can have a test?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-piga-msft

Attached report. You can see, that org_unit_2_2 has value 1400. How can I save this value and set value of org_unit_2_2_1 and org_unit_2_2_2 to 0?

Regards,

Yerkhan

Hi @ysapiyev,

I cannot have access to your report as I don't have permission.

You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

@v-piga-msft,

Attached file to onedrive. 

Regards,

Yerkhan

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.