Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prbscosta
Regular Visitor

Data segmentation component

Hi,

I would like to use the "Data segmentation component" as a filter to my report. In my example, I have a main filter named "UF" (state) and another called "Mesorregião" (region). When I filter "UF", I would like to see in "Mesorregião" the regions related to the state selected. When I filter a state, all the regions are shown.  

Is it possible? If not, which component should be used.

fig1.pngfig2.pngfig3.png

1 REPLY 1
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @prbscosta 

Are the state and region columns from the same table? If they are from the same table, when you select a state in a slicer, it should only show the regions related to the selected state in the region slicer. If the region slicer cannot be filtered, select the state slicer, in Format ribbon click on Edit interactions and check whether the filter icon is selected on top right of the region slicer like below. When None icon is selected, region slicer cannot be filtered by state slicer. Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

v-jingzhang_0-1623653206505.png

If they are not from the same table, you need to have a relationship between the tables thus one table can filter the other table via the relationship.

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.