Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data refreshing extremely slow and only I experience issue

Hi,

I'm having a very weird issue. Here is what's happening:

1. I'm on VPN network (due to COVID I have to work from home now)
  2. I need to re-use another pbix and relink to new data sources (all Excels)
  3. The old report opens just fine, once I finish relinking and re-opens the report, my CPU and Memory usage goes epic high. When I try to refresh, some queries will stuck at "Evaluating..." and never proceed
  4. I'm also getting "The column does not exist in the rowset" error. It seems this error only exists for column headers with a line break character in Excel. But what's weird is this was the case before and PBI never had an issue before.

I've been doing some dianostics too, and something even odd came up:

1. My colleague won't be able to open the new report I saved. They either gets a generic error message or PBI will freeze when the report opens.
  2. I let other people replicate what I did, they have no issues. But when I open their version, I still get the "The column does not exist in the rowset" error.

So it seems like i'm the one having issues. If I do something then other people can't use it, or if other people do something then I can't use it. 

I tried to recall what's new on my side. One thing I did was installing the Personal Gateway on PBI Service, but it doesn' help even I removed the gateway. All data privacy settings are "None". I'm on the March 2020 release.

If someone can help me it would great! Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Based on my tests, I failed to reproduce your scenario. I'd like to suggest you create a ticket here for help if your are a pro user.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.