Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ola1996
Helper I
Helper I

Data refresh

Hello, 

I couldn't find an answer for some similar question so I decide to add this message. 

In the Pro licence there are available 8 data refreshes, so it applies to Power BI service or Power BI Desktop? In the documentation I read "In the case of shared capacity in the Power BI service, there is a limit to eight refreshes of data sets per day ..."

Is there any limit of data refreshes in Power Bi Desktop or just licence give this limit?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MartynRamsden
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @ola1996 

The limit of 8 refreshes per day applies to reports in the Power BI Service for users with a Pro licence (shared capacity).

If you have a Premium licence (dedicated capacity), the maximum number of refreshes per day is 48.

There is no limit to the number of time per day you can refresh your report in Power BI Desktop.

Best regards,
Martyn

If I answered your question, please help others by accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MartynRamsden
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @ola1996 

The limit of 8 refreshes per day applies to reports in the Power BI Service for users with a Pro licence (shared capacity).

If you have a Premium licence (dedicated capacity), the maximum number of refreshes per day is 48.

There is no limit to the number of time per day you can refresh your report in Power BI Desktop.

Best regards,
Martyn

If I answered your question, please help others by accepting it as a solution.

@MartynRamsden  Thanks a lot. I was confused because to publish report from Power BI Desktop to Power BI server I need to have a Pro licence, so I was thinking that if I have this typ of licence, Power BI Desktop has this limitation too. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.