Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davidpOuray
Frequent Visitor

Data refresh not getting all data/stopping early

Hey all,

I am using a data-load based report file that queries our datawarehouse for all of its data. It has been working great for months now, but recently when I refresh the data it seems to sporatically gather some of the data and then quits early so various parts of my report are not working. If I refresh again, it might collect more/less data, but its definitely not getting all of it like it used to. Nothing has changed as far as our datawarehouse.

The file size is currently only ~18MB and I am not dealing with a huge amount of data, definitely less than a million rows.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, I finally solved it.

It was a new data abberation causing a dupe primary key. It just wasn't very clear what the problem was, since I thought it wasn't getting the data and thats why it giving errors on a bunch of calculated/measure columns...trickle down.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
davidpOuray
Frequent Visitor

After further troubleshooting, I noticed it has to do with the fact that the report file is on a network share.

I have moved it to my local PC to refresh and it works fine. Hopefully this helps someone!

UPDATE: Nope, still not working. I just got lucky I think one time Smiley Frustrated

Ok, I finally solved it.

It was a new data abberation causing a dupe primary key. It just wasn't very clear what the problem was, since I thought it wasn't getting the data and thats why it giving errors on a bunch of calculated/measure columns...trickle down.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.