Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tucker
Helper I
Helper I

Data refresh issue

Hey Guys,

Hoping someone can assist pls?

I have created a SQL view which is sat in Azure, I then bring this view down into Bi desktop on Direct Query and create all my reports for there. All been working OK and I have other reports that are the same and working OK.

I'm having issues in the Desktop and the report just won't load and also once published the data just doesn't refresh and times out. Obviously the data set is getting large but it's still only circa. 2,500 rows of data, also I don't have any calculated fields as this is all being done in SQL.

I've recreated parts of the report from the same SQL view and not having any issues so I'm guessing this may be related to my Direct Query but don't know where to start?

Thanks in advance to anyone that could offer up advise, Toby

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-huizhn-msft

Having visited the report again today the data is refreshing and seems to be OK in all apps, strange, that tech for you!!

Thanks for your help though

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Tucker,

Based on my understanding, you can get data from SQL Azure, and create reports in Power BI desktop, all the things work fine. While the data in SQL Azure has been changed, it returns error when you refresh data in Power BI service, right? If it is, please specify timeout interval in Power Query manually. And check if there still has the problem.

Right click your resource table-> Advanced Editor, add the timeout statement.

1.PNG

[timeout=#duration(0,0,30,0)], which is a TimeSpan like parameter, with the values representing Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks @v-huizhn-msft

I have applied as you say, however I get an error "Combining Direct Query and imported data isn't supported" is this something you have seen previously pls?

Cheers Toby

@v-huizhn-msft

Having visited the report again today the data is refreshing and seems to be OK in all apps, strange, that tech for you!!

Thanks for your help though

Tucker
Helper I
Helper I

I have a little bit more info on this if anyone cn help pls? Similar post from last year 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/The-XML-for-Analysis-request-timed-out-before-it-was-comple...

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.