Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adminBM

Data refresh fail !

Hello PBI community !!

i am a newbie on powerbi so sorry if my questions sound stupid.

our data are provided by several connections to APIs which request databases of our customers. 

Some databases have more than 5years of history and others have just been created. So, for new database API can  return null instead of datas and the connexion fail. The problem if one of all the queries fail, all the data are not refreshed.

adminBM_0-1636365089548.png

So my question is : it is possible to ignore connexion fail and allow a partial update of the report ?

Or maybe some easy way to manage null results ? 

Thanks in advance !

Fabien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adminBM ,

There is no parameter to ignore fail queries. Please try to use Enable Load.

If we disable the option "Enable Load" for the query, when we apply the change, this query table data will not be loaded to data model. But when we refresh the dataset, there is also a query sent to data source. See: https://radacad.com/performance-tip-for-power-bi-enable-load-sucks-memory-up

When we disable the "Include in Report Refresh" option, data will not update in report view of Power BI Desktop after you click "Refresh" button in Desktop. It does nothing to the power BI Service.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adminBM ,

There is no parameter to ignore fail queries. Please try to use Enable Load.

If we disable the option "Enable Load" for the query, when we apply the change, this query table data will not be loaded to data model. But when we refresh the dataset, there is also a query sent to data source. See: https://radacad.com/performance-tip-for-power-bi-enable-load-sucks-memory-up

When we disable the "Include in Report Refresh" option, data will not update in report view of Power BI Desktop after you click "Refresh" button in Desktop. It does nothing to the power BI Service.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@adminBM , You are missing column1 DealHistory table, check that.

Or open Power Query and correct the column

Hello @amitchandak , thanks for your response. For a specific database, with empty table DealHistory, the API return null and so POWERBI don't find the column. For others database, no problem, the table is not empty so the api return the column. So i want to ignore this query when there is a problem and not block the others queries ( I don't have the possibility to change the API ). So i don't know if in PBI there is parameter to ignore fail queries ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.