Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SergioJG
Frequent Visitor

Data plotted when filtering

First of all, sorry if the question is far too obvious, but I am quite new with the software.

I have 3 identical column graphs, showing plan and actual. It is taking the data from a list where there is info for several items. Because of the item size, you can only see the plan and actual for one item. So far so good.

But, when I click on a filter and select one of the items, strangers things mode starts: one of the graphs shows that specific items, good! The next one, keep showing the total sum as a shadow, and the contribution of the selected one darker (this one I already know why), but the third one, still shows plan and actual of all items, as shadows, and the selected one in dark. But as I already said, the window only shows one item, so it shows only the first one and a scroll, so I have to scroll to show the selected item...

Why this different action between first and third? I know that the reason for second is that I didnt put the "items" on the axis. Thats ok. But the other ones are identical; one shows just the selected item, the other shows all of them in shadows except the selected one...

Thanks in advance!!

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi SergioJG,

Different charts will show different results. Could you please tell me which tyoe of charts are you using in the three graphs?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.