Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ppgandhi11
Helper V
Helper V

Data on the card does not reflect changes

Hi,

I am trying to use the multi row card that is supposed to display 3 numbers.

Total Authorizations, Approvals and Denials.

The formula for Authorization is: Authorizations = Count(BaseQuery[Authorization Key])

The formula for Approvals is: Approvals = CALCULATE(count(BaseQuery[Authorization Key]), left(BaseQuery[Disposition],1) = "A")

The formula for Denials is:  Denials = CALCULATE(count(BaseQuery[Authorization Key]), left(BaseQuery[Disposition],1) = "D")

I have a list of Dispositions that either start with A or D and they are listed in the filter slicer on the same page.

When I make selections on the slicer, only Authorizations value changes in the multi row card. The Approvals and Denials values do not change. They reflect numbers as if I am using all the Dispositions. Why would that be? I would expect it to change based on the current selection/(s) of the disposition field. What am I missing? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks.

Prashant-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ppgandhi11
Helper V
Helper V

I could fix it by creating a new measure that just keeps tracks of Apprval and Denials.

ApprovedCountLabel = CONCATENATE("Approved:", CALCULATE(COUNT(BaseQuery[Approved/Denied]), BaseQuery[Approved/Denied] = "Approved"))

DeniedCountLabel = CONCATENATE("Denied:", CALCULATE(COUNT(BaseQuery[Approved/Denied]), BaseQuery[Approved/Denied] = "Denied"))

Approved/Denied column is created as (in the BaseQuery):

'Approved/Denied' = CASE WHEN RFC.dispositn like 'A%' THEN 'Approved' WHEN RFC.dispositn like 'D%' THEN 'Denied' ELSE 'Denied' END

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ppgandhi11
Helper V
Helper V

I could fix it by creating a new measure that just keeps tracks of Apprval and Denials.

ApprovedCountLabel = CONCATENATE("Approved:", CALCULATE(COUNT(BaseQuery[Approved/Denied]), BaseQuery[Approved/Denied] = "Approved"))

DeniedCountLabel = CONCATENATE("Denied:", CALCULATE(COUNT(BaseQuery[Approved/Denied]), BaseQuery[Approved/Denied] = "Denied"))

Approved/Denied column is created as (in the BaseQuery):

'Approved/Denied' = CASE WHEN RFC.dispositn like 'A%' THEN 'Approved' WHEN RFC.dispositn like 'D%' THEN 'Denied' ELSE 'Denied' END

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.