Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

muditasriv
Frequent Visitor

Data not visible in report page after changing data source from DirectQuery to Import/Dual mode

I had all my tables in DirectQuery mode and I changed one table from DirectQuery to Import mode. After doing this i cant see any data from that table in the report page. 

I can see the rows are loaded in the Query and also see the data in table in Data view of the desktop.

I have refreshed the data  but cant see the data.

I also checked it for the Dual mode and getting the same issue. 

But if I delete the table and again connect it as direct Query i can see the data

2 REPLIES 2
muditasriv
Frequent Visitor

I am using Azure sql Database. I am trying to change my Dim tables to import/dual mode. I was using them to create a filter. so when i change the storage type to import/dual the filter is coming as blank. Although i can see the data is being loaded (by msgs like 12 rows added and in the edit query i can see the data). Yet in my filter or if any other table i create, i cant see the data.

Yes if i delete and connect again to the direct query it is working. So that is the work around i am using

This is not happening for all the queries. I am facing problem for 2 queries out of 5

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @muditasriv,

I'm sorry I wasn't able to reproduce your problem. The data source I used was SQL Server, first I used it with DQ mode to connect, and created some visuals. after switching its mode to Import, the data of visuals was still displayed properly. Later I added another DQ data source and changed it to mixed model, the data of the visuals was also displayed normally as shown in the figure below.

yingyinr_0-1630904249296.pngWhat data source are you using? What kind of visual did you create? Table, Matrix or other visual? Are all the visuals not displayed properly after switching from DQ to Import mode? If you delete these visuals and recreate them, will the data be displayed properly?

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.