Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lynk_RM
Helper I
Helper I

Data not syncing due to local source files

Hello all, I'm extremely new to Power BI and as a result of following some online guides I'm running into some really frustrating issues. You're guidance is greatly appreciated.

As result of building starting from Power BI desktop its presented some issues with my data sources. Although they are all uploaded into OneDrive, its showing a local address which prevents syncing of the dataset.

Untitled.jpg

Where did I go wrong and is there any salvaging this project without starting over from Power BI online?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Lynk_RM

it looks like you've created the project in Desktop and used a locale as a data source.

configure the link to the local OneDrive folder instead of a global url link.

Try to get a shared link file in the One Drive portal and use these links as a data source

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Lynk_RM

it looks like you've created the project in Desktop and used a locale as a data source.

configure the link to the local OneDrive folder instead of a global url link.

Try to get a shared link file in the One Drive portal and use these links as a data source

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Thank you for the quick response. What exactly does that mean though. "Try to get shared linkto file in One Drive portal and use these links as data source" This reads like mandarin to me.

If you can provide step by step instructions it would be a resolution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.