Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data not showing in matrix - when on y axis but it will show on x axis

Hello,

I have a heatmap that I created in PowerBI. When I have my lot data on my y axis, it cuts off at lot 508. However, when I display it on my x axis I can see all my lot numbers. Does any one have an idea of why this may be? I have two dynamic axis which are using feild parameters. The filters are also filtering each other so that if you make one selection, that selection will not show on the other filter. 

heatmap lot on x.PNGheatmap lot on y.PNG

Hide = VAR SelectedAttribute = [First selection]
 VAR SelectedAttribute2 = [Second selection]
Return if (SelectedAttribute = SelectedAttribute2 , "Hide")

filters.pngfeilds.png

Also, I had to unpivot the data I wanted to use as a filter on the x and y axis. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

check the limitations section for the visual you are using (and the query that feed it).  Power BI developers are restricting the amount of data you can cram into a visual.  Consider showing fewer data points.  Also consider finding a solution that does not require horizontal scrolling.  Horizontal scrolling is a UX red flag.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

check the limitations section for the visual you are using (and the query that feed it).  Power BI developers are restricting the amount of data you can cram into a visual.  Consider showing fewer data points.  Also consider finding a solution that does not require horizontal scrolling.  Horizontal scrolling is a UX red flag.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.