Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jharv9
Frequent Visitor

Data not showing in Table preview

I'm having issue with a table that I'm pulling from SQL showing data. When I try to preview the data only the column headers show but if I go to Edit Queries the data header and data shows. Does anyone know how I can get this data to show?

15 REPLIES 15
megfar

I am also having the same issue, importing data from a small table (19 columns, 28 rows) in Excel. It worked correctly previously and it's currently working with similar tables from the same Excel file. Have tried deleting and reimporting, repairing the Desktop install (64-bit 2.51 - Oct 2017 updates), rebooting, saving/closing/opening, et al. Still no luck.

AprilD
Regular Visitor

Has anyone resolved this? I'm encountering it now. I'm using 64-bit. My other table composed of 17k rows, but they are visible. My other table composed of 3k rows only but data is invisible on Table preview.

Your help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

I'm looking for an answer too. 

I am having the same issue with a very small table (28 rows, 19 columns), importing from an Excel file. It worked before and has now stopped working. I've deleted the table and re-imported (many times), repaired my install (64 bit 2.51 - Oct 2017 updates), multiple reboots, etc. Still no luck 😞

@jharv9 What version of the Desktop are you running? I have no issues with (Version: 2.41.4581.361 64-bit (November 2016))

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

The same. 2.41.4581.361 64-bit (November, 2016)

@jharv9 I assume you are hitting close and apply in the query editor, what happens when you are on the data tab -> right click the table -> and "refresh data"? Does the data populate, or this just stays blank?

Are you mixing data sources in your PBIX? (Not that this should affect anything, just trying to figure out why it isn't presenting)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

When I try to refresh dataWhen I try to refresh data

@jharv9 See if this post helps out.

Relevant post by @Sreekanth

"I am able to resolve the issue by adding the value in advanced options of edit queries as mentioned in below. Edit Query->Click on Source->Properties and in advanced options mention the value (number of minutes) it can wait to run the query. Please vote if it helps you ."

I'm guessing your data set is large, and the timeout needs to be increased.

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Cool,

are you using Direct Query mode or Import mode ?

anyhow close the file and reopen it again and check.

lt me know

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Cool,

are you using Direct Query mode or Import mode ?

anyhow close the file and reopen it again and check.

lt me know

jharv9
Frequent Visitor

I'm having issue with a table that I'm pulling from SQL showing data. When I try to preview the data only the column headers show but if I go to Edit Queries the data header and data shows. Does anyone know how I can get this data to show?

jharv9
Frequent Visitor

not sure undestood your question, can you share screen shot?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Data preview (Data doesn't show)Data preview (Data doesn't show)Query Editor  (Data shows)Query Editor (Data shows)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.