Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data not mapping full table - missing section of data

Has anyone experienced an issue where there is only partial mapping between their tables?

I work in the Transportation and Logistics industry and am creating the data model from our TMS's Oracle Database.
My CARRIER table is mapped to my LOADS table; however, there are about 9000 loads that show as blank carrier.
I double-checked in the TMS and they are not blank, but I cannot seem to find an explanation.

I have the relationship as LOADS:CARRIER = many:1 and I switched the cross filter direction from single to both. It had no affect. I also suspected maybe it was due to the timing of the refresh; however, that was not the case either.

Does anyone know of the solution or have any other ideas?
Is there a reason only a section of the table would be skipped on refresh?
5 REPLIES 5
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

It's all a bit too abstract for me to diagnose accurately.

Did you try what I suggested in my last post?

--

From my earlier post -

"are you saying a visual is not showing correct data because the relationship doesn't appear to be working" - You have to prove this true or false before going any further.

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Another forum? - This is hard to take, I'm offended.  I can't go on.  No, it's OK, I feel better now.

Put the two fields that are related (one from each table) in a table visual. Make sure each is not using an aggregation for this test.   If the relationship works, you will get a neat matchup for all fields.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HotChilli - I posted in our internal company forum, so just to see if any immediate colleagues regcognized the issue, then we could deep dive into the data. I think this forum is probably the best place to stay otherwise 🙂

I looked at my setup again on the data model and all of our fields are full with customers and carriers. This model is published as a dataset in our workspace environment and then I have reports built that are connected to that dataset.

It is only in the reports that are built with the data source connection to the dataset that are missing data, not the actual model itself. When I test in sheets with the data model file, everything is all there.

Do you have any thoughts on what else may be occurring?

Is there any way for me to view all filters at once to see if I have a phantom filter somewhere?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @HotChilli, I believe the latter. The data exists in the dimension table, but is not pairing as expected. I posted in another forum and people also suggested that it may be hidden characters. I am going to try creating a trimmed version of the key and see if that resolves. Are there any other methods or processes you would suggest to resolve?

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Do you mean the data is missing from a column (in Power Query)?

or are you saying a visual is not showing correct data because the relationship doesn't appear to be working (usually spaces or hidden characters in a field)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.