Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chavanr
Resolver I
Resolver I

Data not coming through in PowerBI report from PowerBI desktop

Hi there,

I am experiencing a strange issue when connecting a powerBI dataset to build a report.

I can see data for all the tables starting from year-2013 to 2021 in the powerBI dataset but when i connect it to build a report, it is only showing data starting from 2018.

There are no parameters set in the desktop or online service.

can 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @StefanoGrimaldi 

I am using PowerBi desktop to create a report.

I can see the data (from 2013 to 2021) in the main dataset -"datasetonly" which i am using to connect & create report in PowerBi desktop.

chavanr_1-1611098512353.png

chavanr_0-1611098401898.png

After connecting to this "datasetonly" i can see data 2018 onwards.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chavanr ,

Please try to select "Reset to default" in the upper right corner of the page and check whether you can see the "complete" data from Power BI Desktop:

revert to the default settings

reset to default.JPG

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft Already done that 🙂

Hi @chavanr ,

Thanks for your reply. So it is working or not now? Can you see the full data same with the one in Power BI Desktop?

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft nope, still cant see the data.

The issue is when i connect to a powerbi dataset to create report, 2017 data is not visible.

& there are no page level, report level filters or any parameters.

Cheers,

Rutika

Hi @chavanr ,

Which data source is your dataset connected to? Excel, SQL or other data sources? Can you confirm whether the underlying data source still contains the data from 2017?

Best Regards

Hi @v-yiruan-msft 

The issue is resolved now, found the filter in one of the table, which was quite hard to spot.

Many thanks,

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

strange, you try making a new report on the online service using the dataset instead of the power bi desktop, also check your table relantionship that could cause some data not be visible but maybe not that case cause of you describing it happening, can you share some pics of your data sets informations , settings etc when you use the like conection to bi dataset, vs how they seem on the main pbix of that dataset. to see if can see something there. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @StefanoGrimaldi 

I am using PowerBi desktop to create a report.

I can see the data (from 2013 to 2021) in the main dataset -"datasetonly" which i am using to connect & create report in PowerBi desktop.

chavanr_1-1611098512353.png

chavanr_0-1611098401898.png

After connecting to this "datasetonly" i can see data 2018 onwards.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@chavanr , Is it power bi Published dataset? or normal data imported to power bi.

Unless there is page level filter or report level filter , you should able to see data visible in table.

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Hi @amitchandak  Thanks for your response!

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, it is a PowerBI published dataset.

I did check the page level & report level filters, there are none.

That's the reason I am bit surprised as to why it is filtering the data for last 4 years.

Unfortunately I cannot share the pbix file with you.

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

on the online service you can see all years? check create a report on the power bi service online and see if the same error occurs. if so you should check your power bi pbix file something will be filtering the dataset. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @StefanoGrimaldi thanks for your response !

Sorry for the late response !

Yes, I can see all the years in the dataset created when published to online service.

the issue happens when i connect that dataset to create report, there are no filters or parameters in the dataset.

Many thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.