Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GunnerJ
Post Patron
Post Patron

Data not appearing the same between charts

I have a 12 month view chart that shows how many service orders were opened and closed within a given month. That chart shows the correct values. I then have two seperate Treemaps that show the opend and closed values of all service order types for a filtered time period. The open chart shows the correct values but the closed chart just seems to repeat the open chart. I'm unsure why this is the case since in the other chart the values are showing correctly. In the picture below the top graph in May 2019 shows the time period for the tree maps. The largest square "DISC" are the values in question. 240 is correct for the open values but for DISC in the closed map (bottom) I'd expect to see 249.

Closed Service Orders.PNG

Here are the calculations for the opened and closed values. 

Opened = DISTINCTCOUNT(Workflow[BI_SO_NBR])
Closed = CALCULATE([Opened], USERELATIONSHIP(Workflow[BI_CLOSE_DT],Dates[Date]))

Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure I'm just overlooking something simple. Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

Are you sure you are using the correct date column from the calendar table and note one from the data table?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

@MattAllington  you were right... how embarrassing. I knew I must have overlooked something.

Thank you for the quick reply. 

@MattAllington wrote:

Are you sure you are using the correct date column from the calendar table and note one from the data table?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.