Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

carlol
Helper IV
Helper IV

Data not all at the same granular level

Hi 

I have a data model, fact / dimensions  , everyfact table minus one can drill down as ganular as datatime 

the fact table D , I am having issues, ganularity is year / Quarter ; nightmare trying to link ; 1: many relationship with the other fact tables 

I can create an ID to link , consists of a primary key , quarter Num and year but it is not good practice to link fact to fact , I am geting into realional modelling vs demensional ; it does give me the desired result 

Ideally if I had fact table D at the same ganular level as the others (datatime) all would be easy unfrotunetly it is outside of my control what I receive 

I could try using End Of Quarter date as a key , meesing around with max function ; not a nice solution 

Anybody come across a solution to this ?

3 REPLIES 3

I just get this error 

Capture.PNG

Hi.  @carlol 

Can you show the relationships you have currently established between tables in a screenshot?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.